Brisbane is one of Australia’s fastest growing capital cities. This is especially evident in the Brisbane Airport, which is a bustling hub for travellers and locals alike. The airport is located approximately 16km northeast of the CBD and it takes around 20-40 minutes to travel this distance, depending on the time of your travel. There are several transport options available to take you from the airport to the city and back. You can choose from chauffeured cars, taxis, shuttle buses and even a train. Of these, however, there is one clear standout: chauffeured car services from Hughes.
Journey: Brisbane Airport To Brisbane City CBD
Whether you are looking for a luxury limousine or premium sedan experience or want to move a large group easily and in comfort, Hughes can help. We have vehicle options for 1 – 61 passengers and an extensive fleet to accommodate all your transport needs.
Not sure what vehicle’s suit your needs? Contact our friendly team on 1300 615 165 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Choose your destination
Like all major cities, Brisbane experiences heavier traffic during peak hour periods. The standard travel time between the city and the airport is approximately 25 minutes. During peak times, however, travel can vary.
Peak Hour Travel Time:
- Airport to city – between 22 and 40 minutes
- City to airport – between 22 and 45 minutes
Off Peak Travel Time:
- Airport to city – 20 minutes
- City to airport – 20 minutes
Brisbane Airport Pick-up Information
The Brisbane airport consists of two terminals:
- Pick up occurs on level 2, in the arrivals area directly in front of the terminal.
- Drop off occurs on level 4, from the departures area directly in front of the terminal.
- There is a designated disability space on level two, directly in front of the terminal.
- Pick up and drop off occur in the designated area in front of the terminal.
- For security reasons, pick up and drop off must occur immediately.
- There are six designated areas for passengers with disabilities.
Both terminals are well appointed with a range of excellent facilities, including restaurants, bars and lounges. There are also retail outlets in both terminals. To keep you connected, Brisbane Airport is equipped with free WiFi. There are also luggage lockers and many rental car desks for your convenience. If you find yourself in the Brisbane airport for a long period of time, you can visit nearby Skygate, which boasts a DFO centre, accommodation and dining opportunities.
Brisbane City Pick Up
Brisbane City is a vibrant hive of activity, with something for everyone. There is abundant shopping, dining and cultural activities on offer. We can collect you from any point in the city, although we recommend a few in particular. Our team can fill you in on these convenient collection points when arranging your booking.